Monday, May 31, 2010

Pablo Picasso

So, as you know from reading this blog, I am NOT an artist.  Or at least literally speaking!

But I love to visit art museums.  I have been to several including the MET, the MOMA, the Walker Art Museum, several in India, Mexico and now the Prado and La Reina Sofia.

A few of my favorite artists: Dalí, Palencia, Miró, Bosch and of course Picasso!  On Saturday I got to see his most famous painting (the real original piece) Guernica.  I took a picture for proof but I took it illegally, or snuck it rather, so I'm not ready to put it online.  It was magnificent.  


And I learned something interesting about the piece as told by our tour guide, Paco.  It is assumed Picasso found inspiration for the idea from the painting The Horrors of War (1638) by Peter Paul Rubens.  


http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/upload/img/rubens-horrors-war-NG279-fm.jpg


Copy and paste the link flick the picture and compare it to the Guernica by Picasso.  You can see the images abstractly!  It's amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment